<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.alicialaceyblog.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Alicia Lacey Photography: JMU Engagement Photographer | Sam & Matt

Thursday, November 13, 2014

JMU Engagement Photographer | Sam & Matt

By the time Sam & I finally met, it was like we already knew one another. She grew up in Stafford, VA and was friends with my brother-in-law, Tom and his wife, Katie. Not to mention that she also went to JMU… Oh, AND she met her fiancé, Matt, there as well! (If you remember Jenn’s engagement session from last week, she and Daniel also met at JMU -- It’s a small, but awesome, world out there!)

Like all, great JMU romances (ahem, Rob and I), these two met at a college party one random, but lucky night in 2009. I think my favorite part of their story, however, is the proposal! Post college, these two moved to Arlington to start their careers. Sam and Matt were about to celebrate their 5 year anniversary and she was able to convenience him to take her on a picnic. After picking up a box of Georgetown Cupcakes, they headed down to the waterfront to set everything up. Sam, who has a self proclaimed cupcake obsession, couldn’t NOT look in the box to decide on a flavor (ha, that ALSO sounds a lot like me…). Luckily for Matt, there was a single cupcake packaged separately, which he used to slip in the ring while she wasn’t looking. He presented it her and well, I think you can figure out how this ends :) 

We headed back to the place where it all began for their engagement shoot – my first time on campus in nearly 2 years! It felt so good to be back and I honestly couldn’t have been there with two better people. Sam & Matt, you kept me laughing the whole time! Your wedding day next September is going to be one to remember!



If you went to JMU, then you know I had to include all these!! The building signs, the kissing rock, our colors, THE BREEZE!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At November 14, 2014 at 5:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Wonderful photo's Love you both Grandma

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home